We have been extremely busy since the start of September, whilst we had been working over the summer, it has increased...Read More
As the new Project Officer supporting the very busy work programme so that Saracens High School is ready to welcome its first pupils in September 2018, I can honestly say there is never a dull moment! Here is a glimpse of what we have been working hard on in the past few weeks:
· Principal recruitment is nearly finished.
· Admissions: Even though the deadline for “on-time” secondary school applications was 31 October 2017, we can still take applications. We had a busy month in October helping parents with their applications and answering lots of queries. We are now beginning the process of sorting the applications and deciding on the allocation of places. Parents and carers of children who are offered a place at Saracens High School will find out on 1 March 2018, which is the national allocation day.
· School uniform: The uniform tender has gone out and we now have the job of choosing the supplier who will be working with us to design and develop the uniform. We want to make sure our new uniform is smart and practical but at the same time, affordable for all our parents and carers.
· Section 10 consultation: We have concluded our Section 10 consultation, asking the local community what they think of our proposals for the new Saracens High School and whether they support our vision and plans. We are very pleased to report that we had a positive response to the development of the school. The full report will be published on our website in December.
· One of the more time-consuming but essential parts of my role to keep children safe in school is to make sure all the necessary checks have been carried out for all the Trustees and Governors including getting professional references for them and carrying out comprehensive vetting checks.